terms & conditions
terms for service-based deliverables
- Scope of works and price: as detailed in your package/quotation
- Payment terms: all orders to be paid for in advance via our secure online payment buttons/links
- Preferred payment method: please make payment via credit card or Paypal to ensure prompt project turnaround!
NB: We do not accept Digital Checks or eChecks.
- Questionnaire for project brief: furnished after receipt of order
- Assistance with development of project brief: first 2 hours — free | additional hours, if required — $118 per hour
- Number of design options per package: 2-4 design options will be provided for you to choose from
- Number of edits per package: 2 rounds of design edits will be provided to refine your chosen design — edits to be used within 30 days of receipt of initial design draft (and not exceeding 30 minutes of design time per edit)
- Additional edits/revisions: $118 per hour
- Additional design concepts/re-designs: $118 per hour
- Additional website templates/template variations: request quote
- Additional content insertion: $88 per hour
- Additional/new scripting & script installation/integration works: $88 per hour
- Additional/new setup & configuration of client’s mailing list/autoresponder/shopping cart/webhosting/social media account: $88 per hour
- Format – web graphics: delivered in JPG, GIF or PNG format
NB: Does not include source/master file in PSD format (if you require these files, please request quotation).
- Format – print-ready graphics: delivered in PDF or EPS format
NB: Does not include source/master files in PSD formats (if you require these files, please request quotation).
- Format – website/blog template: implemented directly into your website/blog
Images / photos / illustrations used in your designs
- Images – web: only royalty-free/stock materials will be used in your designs unless client specifies otherwise (latter to be supplied/purchased separately by client)
- Images – print: large format/high definition 300ppi stock images used for your print-ready outputs will incur an additional charge (price varies according to image selected)
- Images – custom: all custom images/artwork/materials for use in your designs to be supplied by client | if you would like us to create any custom material from scratch, please specify that in your project brief
Project management fee
- Any works involving third-party contractors (ie. not Design by Shoi in-house team) will be charged a project management fee of approx. 10-20% of total contract value.
- A premium may be charged, at our discretion, for work carried out under, but not limited to, these conditions:
- priority turnaround for urgent or unscheduled works not subject to our normal waiting times or project queues
- clients deemed to require excessive levels of attention or servicing, over and above resources and time-cost allocated for their project
- excessive client-side delays that overextend resources and time-cost allocated for their project
Commencement of project
- Project brief start date: advised after receipt of your payment approval by the credit card company/bank/payment processor
- Project start date: scheduled after completion of project brief
- First design draft is presented within 1-5 business days (Mon-Fri) from project start date, depending on complexity of work. Any changes and revisions are made within 1-5 business days, depending on complexity of work. Completed deliverables will be electronically delivered within 1 business day after receipt of your final approval. Client will also be continually apprised of timelines throughout the project.
NB: Turnaround time excludes client brief/review/response time and is also subject to revision if out-of-package/add-on scopes are added to the original package.
Re-activation of pended projects
- In the event a project is pended or delayed by the client for more than 30 days, the project will be downgraded to “pending” status.
NB: Please note that the client will be charged a re-activation fee of $88 for time spent to re-open pending project files + refresh/re-acquaint ourselves with your project details.
Validity period for in-package design edits
- In-package design edits are to be requested by the client within 30 days from delivery of first set of design variations/options.
NB: Edits requested after the 30-day validity period may be charged a re-activation fee of $88.
Projects queue & waiting time
- Our projects queue is normally 1-2 weeks. During our peak design season — ie. fall and spring — there may be an extended waiting time, over and above our normal projects queue. We promise to keep you fully informed should this happen.
- All service-based deliverables are covered by our Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. No refunds can be given once an order has been approved or authorized by the credit card company/bank/payment processor or delivered. However, Design by Shoi guarantees a full replacement value — that can be used towards the purchase of other selected packages — if you email us us within 30 days of the purchase/delivery date to let us know why you were dissatisfied with the purchase. This is in accordance with the industry norm for any service-based transaction which includes, but is not limited to, design, programming/scripting, technical installation/setup/integration.
Design ownership & trademark/copyright
- Design ownership: Design by Shoi agrees to sign over all rights associated with the ownership and use of designs originated by Design by Shoi to the client upon receipt of full payment for the design source files. Until that time Design by Shoi holds and reserves all rights to any content or design created by Design by Shoi as set forth by the Copyright Laws of the United States of America (Title 17 U.S.C., et seq., and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act). Upon full payment to Design by Shoi, all rights to the final product, full and unrestricted, will be released to the client for use in all media, in all markets, for an unlimited period of time. Design by Shoi retains and reserves the rights to use any and all content or design developed by Design by Shoi, regardless of ownership, for display and self-promotional purposes.
- Trademark & copyright: Design by Shoi provides no guarantee of copyright to client. Client assumes responsibility of obtaining Trademark or Copyright of any material created by Design by Shoi. Design by Shoi assumes no liability in the event the client is unable to obtain Trademark or Copyright of said material for any reason.
Copyright © Design by Shoi. All rights reserved.
- This Copyright Notice governs your use of the website at designbyshoi.com (“Owner”). Your use of designbyshoi.com constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions provided here. If at any time the terms and conditions of this Copyright Notice are no longer acceptable to you, you should immediately cease use of the website where designbyshoi.com is located.
- You acknowledge that the website designbyshoi.com contains information and/or software, photographs, audio and video clips, graphics, links and other material that are protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of Design by Shoi or third parties, including but not limited to product names, logos, designs, titles, and words or phrases which may be registered in certain jurisdictions (collectively, the “Content”). You agree to comply with any additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content available on or accessed through designbyshoi.com. If you want to use any content of designbyshoi.com for any reason you must obtain prior express written permission of Design by Shoi.
- You may not modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part. Subject to the provisions of this Copyright Notice, you may post any content owned by you (such as your original statements), content for which you have received express permission from Design by Shoi, and content in the public domain. You assume all right and responsibility for determining whether any content is in the public domain. You grant to Design by Shoi the right to edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium and for any purpose any content that you place on designbyshoi.com without compensation to you. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to grant all rights set forth in the preceding sentence.
- You may not download content on designbyshoi.com that is indicated to be for sale except under the terms of the sale. Such content is the protected and copyrightable property of Design by Shoi. “Free” content may be downloaded for your personal use or non-commercial distribution consistent with the terms defined in this Copyright Notice. When using both purchased and “free” content, you will maintain and include all copyright and other notices contained in such content. Except as expressly permitted by the copyright laws, no copying, storage, redistribution or publication of any content is permitted without the express permission of Design by Shoi or the owners of such content or their authorized persons if other than Design by Shoi.
- We are confident that you have understood your rights and obligations with regards to the use of designbyshoi.com and that you agree with the terms described above.
revisions to terms & conditions
Design by Shoi reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify our terms & conditions, policies and agreements at any time and in any manner without prior notice.
Last updated: 1 June 2016